The Red Lily Cross of the Calatrava Order of Knights - A historical journey
The castle of Calatrava la Vieja, located in the province of Ciudad Real on the Río Guadiana in New Castile, was conquered by King Alfonso VII from the Moors in 1147 and placed under the control of the Templar Order for protection.
The founding of the Order of Calatrava
The Order of Calatrava was founded in 1158 by Cistercian abbot Raimundo Serrat and was the first of the great Spanish knightly orders. His original job was to protect Calatrava Castle from the Moors. The order belonged to the Cistercian order family and contributed to the defense and security of the country.
Wikipedia: Order of Calatrava
Image license: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cross_Calatrava.svg
85% combed ring-spun organic cotton, 15% recycled polyester
- Set-in sleeves
- Hood with jersey lining
- Round cord eyelets of the same color on the hood edged with buttonhole stitch
- Tape at the neckline with a herringbone pattern
- Detached crescent moon at the neck
- 1x1 rib knit at sleeve ends and bottom hem
- Flatlock stitching on all seams
- Kangaroo pocket with flatlock stitching
|Tolerance +/- 3cm